Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog but we were busy bringing Stephen home. Yes, I said, "bringing Stephen" home. The catscan showed that he did have some fluid in his lungs and abdomen but nothing more than what should be expected. He also did have a blockage but it appeared as if the blockage was starting to clear. Since he had a pretty good night, the doctor determined that he could come home today. Needless to say we are all thrilled to have him home and to be home. He has had a bit of a time getting comfortable but is resting now. So, for the moment all is right with the world, our girls were able to go to church on Easter Sunday and the Easter Bunny found the Cubbellotti "kids" and left their baskets at their respective morning "spots". We will relax for the afternoon with my sister in law Dawn bringing dinner and then perhaps with some of my family later. We feel so very blessed. Our families have been amazing, our friends so supportive. May you all have a blessed Easter Sunday to enjoy with those you love.
Much love and thanks to all,
Karen and of course, Joe and our children

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter!!! I am sooo HAPPY that you were able to bring Stephen home, and that you are all home together to celebrate Easter. Mickey and I have been waiting for an update today and let me tell you that this one was surely worth the wait. I hope you all now and get some well deserved rest being at home. I am sending you ALL our love, hugs and kisses. Call me when you can.
    Love you,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are all home, hope Stephen is feeling ok. Happy Easter, Lia and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!
    hugs all around
    Happy Easter,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,

    Soooo happy to hear the good news.....I've been calling Elaine and my sister Marianne a couple of times a day to see if there were any new developments.....I shed a few hundred tears for you and many many prayers and will continue to do so until everything gets better......Elaine has been so helpful to me and gave me this Blog....it took me a few trys to finally figure out the proceedure.....Elaine doesn't want to take any chances of exposing Stephen to Mercer just in case she might still be a carrier so your other sisters have been great in keeping her informed......I send my love, thoughts and prayers that Alison will get a donor soon and that Stephen will have a full recovery.....You have such a wonderful loving family.......luv, Your Counsin Susan Mickett from Florida

    ReplyDelete