Wednesday 8:30 a.m.
As we were getting ready to go back to the transplant clinic this morning, we got a call that Alison's blood cultures from yesterday, tested positive for a bacteria-meaning she is being admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics. We are now waiting for the nurse to call back and let us know if there is a best on 7 West. As much as we are disappointed that Alison is being admitted, we are a bit relieved that there is something that can be done to help her feel better. Her temperature went up to 102.4 last night-very scary-her mom kept watch throughout the night-waking her for doses of tylenol. Please pray that the bacteria, not sure which one it is yet, will be one that will respond well to the antibiotic.
Joe and Karen