Monday, 10 a.m.
So, they took Alison in to Interventional Radiology earlier than we expected today-that now that is really a miracle!! After much discussion, it looks like the doctor will tap fluid from around Alison's right lung and her abdomen. They are not planning to leave a drain in. We hope the final decisions are what will work best. Draining fluid from around the lung typically causes a great deal of pain and we really don't want to end up in a cycle of pain medications and resulting issues. We also hope that not putting a drain in is the right decision as we do not want to be back here doing this again. Today's decisions are different than what we discussed with Dr. Emre last Friday but we confirmed that Dr. Emre has been consulted today -we trust his judgement. Alison made the final decision-saying, "If that is what Dr. Emre said, then that is what I will do". Alison has grown to become such a good decision maker and self advocate. She is really amazing. Please pray that her blood pressure is safe during the procedure and that she is with as little pain as possible afterward. Please also pray that her blood pressure and potassium levels will come down once the fluid is tapped. We will update later.
Karen and Joe