Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sorry it took so long to give an update

9:30 p.m.

Although we have a long way to go, Alison has come so far on just this first day. She has been very alert and although every movement takes a concentrated effort, we have been able to get her to sit up in bed-she was even talking to her friends over the internet tonight. The pain is pretty intense but she is really trying to do her breathing exercises. Stephen has been a really good coach with that-providing the empathy of someone who "has been there". She also enjoyed Jen's visit-amazing what visits from her big brother and sister can do. Visits from other family members, were also wonderful, not only for Alison but for mom and dad, too. The transplant team came in twice today. Doctor Emre seems happy with the way things are going thus far. The plan is to get Alison up and out of bed tomorrow. Pray that this can happen with as little pain as possible and that the night will be quiet and uneventful. From what we know, Alison's donor is doing well. He continues to have pain also, so please continue to pray for him as well.

P.S. So the news is out!! Basement flooded, fireman at the house..........and we thought all the excitement was happening up at Yale yesterday. Many, many thanks to Sandi and those family members who rescued our basement from "the flood". What we would do without you all? Seriously, As if a "little" water could throw us after these past few years---well, on second thought...., without our amazing support system-it might have!!! Many, many thanks!
Much love to all,
Joe and Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everyone---I finally just figured out how to get this message out to you!!! Thank goodness for my sister Sandi who has kept me informed. Just wanted to let you all know that Allison and her "angel" donor are in our prayers.
    And wishing them both a speedy recover, God is in your presence to see that you both get well and stay well. Thanks for all the updates.
    Love, Cheryl, Mike and family