Dr. Emre came in to give us his final update of the night. He attached the bile ducts and they are working on closing her up. Dr. Emre gave is the impression that though the worst part is over but the most critical time is ahead of us. The next week will tell us what, if any, problems there may be with any complications with the transplantation. We will see Alison in the morning.
Thank you so much to the donor for his selfless life saving act. I can't wait to have my little sister back. Alison even acknowledged that she will be a terror this next 10 to 14 days but it's glad to have all of her back in our lives again.
I hope that the donor and his family knows that they are in our prayers and that they know I know almost exactly what he's going through and that I will him all my strength to get better as fast as possible.
Thank you to all of the prayers, thoughts, and messages for well wishes and a big thank you to all the friends and family who came to the hospital in support of Alison.
We're waiting now for Alison to come to the ICU. Mom and Dad will be staying the night and Jen and I will be going home to take care of the dogs and reenergize for tomorrow.
Thank you all again.