Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good news all around

Mom went down to check on John early this morning hoping for good news on his test. And...NO MORE OBSTRUCTION! WOOHOO! Go John! This is such great news and we are all so happy for him as I'm sure he is excited, himself. I'm not quite sure if he got his cinnamon toast yet, but I know if he hasn't he will soon; he really deserves that with everything he has done for me and has been through. He is still one of the most amazing people I have ever met and am so thankful for him and his family.
Dr. Emre came in to see me this morning with his whole team and said that I am still going home today as planned. I am still having chest pain when I swallow so they will do a few tests before I go home, but we will just try to control the pain with medications for now. I have to go back to the clinic twice a week for a check up's for a while, so no REAL break from the doctors, but better safe than sorry. I will be having my first follow up appointment on Friday and another on Monday. Accompanied with Monday's appointment will probably be an endoscopy to make sure that there are no perforations or larger tears in my esophagus causing this chest pain. Dr. Emre doesn't think that there are, but he wants to just make sure. Because like always, when everyone else is a horse...I am the zebra. When things are extremely rare, they still seem to happen to me. But please continue to pray that only good news comes out for the next few months, John and I really don't need any MORE issues than what we've had. Dr. Emre also told me that he will be sending John home as well either today or tomorrow...which is music to MY ears. I am so happy for him and hearing this trumps any aggrivation I have with this feeding tube. Knowing my angel and life saver is healthy enough to go home, is the best news I could ever get.

I can't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed tonight, I'm sure John is thinking the same thing about his own bed. You never really realize the simple things you take for granted...

--Alison

7 comments:

  1. Amazing news all around! Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lambs and Moores are jumping for joy for all of you - Alison, John and families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been following the blog and talking with Auntie Dawn. Thank God that you are finally home and your angel John is going home too! You are both so special and deserve the best in life. Each day you will get better, stronger, and healthier. Before you know it you will be back in nursing school and it will be you taking care of the patients! We send you all our love and best wishes always. Hugs and kisses, Lenny, Lee and Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just talked to Auntie Elaine and she told me that you're HOME!!!! So glad for you and your folks. I pray too that these next 2 weeks pass quickly for you and know that we are all keeping you and John in our thoughts and prayers. Enjoy sleeping in your OWN bed tonight!! Love to you- Susan, Joel and the entire Becraft/Jackson Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are both in your own beds tonight and sleeping peacefully! We are keeping the prayers up that you both move to the path of recovery and no more bumps in the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the rest Alison(and Karen and Joe)- there is something about your own bed with the people you love around that makes anyone feel better. Hope John experiences it soon too. The prayers keep coming. Keep the good thoughts.
    Sending lots of hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you had a good nights rest. Hopefully to see you soon. Bye for now. Keep on truckin kiddo.
    love sandi

    ReplyDelete