Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Prayers for the day

Wednesday, November 11th 11:15 a.m.

W'ere hoping that the day will get brighter as it goes on. Alison is still in significant pain today. The new pain medication that was introduced last night, is only minimally working however it is making Alison very sleepy. That was helpful last night as it allowed her to get some sleep. Alison's abdomen is getting progressively distended. It looks as if they will be doing a catscan of her chest and abdomen today. It is scheduled for 5 p.m. but doctors are strongly advocating for it to be done sooner-it's still amazing to me how many loops one needs to jump through to get things done in a timely manner. The good news is that Alison's potassium level has remained normal. We have not gotten her prograf level yet today. Alison will get albumin and a blood transfusion today. Doctor just came in with an update. They are giving Alison some specific medications to help her kidneys handle the catscan contrast. I have now been asking a lot of questions about the kidneys as I am hearing them referenced quite a bit this morning. I have to admit that it really feels like we are taking several steps backward with this hospital visit. I know that we need to stay positive but some days it's really difficult to do that.

As I am writing this, there is a piece on the television about the power of prayer for our soldiers. Perhaps God just sent me a message to not lose faith and keep praying. It is a very timely message-so I ask you all again to pray for Alison and that she is able to rise above these next set of challenges.

I spoke with John's dad today. John is doing well but is experiencing discomfort. Please pray that his pain and overall discomfort will end very soon.

Let's pray that today goes well, that Alison's body is able to tolerate all the medications and that both she and John are free of pain and discomfort. Please pray also for all of our veterans-we thank them for their service to our country.

In gratitude,
Karen (& Joe-my favorite veteran)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry that Alison and John are still having pain. Our family has you all in our thoughts and prayers everyday. Karen and Joe I pray everyday that you will have strength and good health to get Alison through these difficult days of recovery. I wish this trip to the hospital be a short one and that you will be home.....tomorrow....Alison is so fortunate to have such wonderful parents.
    Love to you all, (Aunt)Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the prayers keep coming for Alison and John
    Sending lots of hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayer for all of you today is that you not give up. You are all so brave and although it might seem very difficult right now God is I just always with you.

    I will call you soon on my way to work and come to the hospital as soon as I get off work today.

    ReplyDelete